Friday, January 8, 2010

Roll, tide, roll!

I made good on my new years resolution last night and rooted for Alabama to win the national championship :] I know people are going to argue that as a Texan, I should support my state. However, as an AGGIE... I must support anybody except t.u. Sorry, folks!

Speaking of, I'm definitely ready to be up in Aggieland. There's too much tension in my house... ick. I went to lunch with my dad the other day. I can't remember the last time I did anything with him by myself. It was actually pretty good. We didn't talk about my mom or any of the divorce stuff really, so it almost felt just like the good ol' days. He did ask me if I had to keep going to Christ Church (YES.) and put me on a gas limit, but overall it wasn't too bad. My grandparents are caving though. My sisters and I were supposed to have dinner with him tomorrow night for his birthday, but he cancelled to go with his parents instead. I was happy he was talking to them again, until I found out he's taking Brandi. My grandma's been really stubborn, always telling him he can't bring her to any family functions until he's divorced, and that if he did, my grandma would leave. I guess she changed her mind.

It's just so awkward. On one hand, I'm glad they're talking. I mean, he is their son. But on the other hand, they were almost they only people on his side of the family still holding out praying and supporting us and not pretending everything's okay. Plus, it's not like the prodigal son's dad chased after him. He welcomed him home with open arms and forgave him, but he didn't wallow in the pig slop with him. The lines just feel so blurry all the time. I'm never quite sure how I should think or feel. I don't feel comfortable with anything. Except praying... so I'll just keep doing that.

No comments: