Monday, January 4, 2010

Revelation... 2010 is already looking up :]

My little puppies are cuddling in bed with me as I type this :]

Last night I came to an astounding revelation... I don't hate Brandi anymore. I was saying my prayers and I just had this weird feeling. I kept trying to visualize her face (which is not easy, since I always run away from her before I can get a really good look) and it wasn't even making my blood boil. I've been trying to stay in line with Luke 6 and pray for my enemies and all that good stuff, but I don't think I was really praying FOR her. I was praying about her, and that God would give me peace and get her out of our lives... not really thinking about her. That's changed though. Now, when I think about her, I feel sad. Her life is a mess, and she doesn't seem to have much she can count on. She needs security, but she's not looking for it in the right places. Obviously she wants to have that with my dad, but she doesn't. She's always trying to stifle him with mushy gifts, and they never go anywhere without each other. Even when my dad does things with me and my sisters, his phone is constantly going off. I guess they're afraid they'll cheat on each other. After all, that's the only way they got together. But, that's not my point for this post. My point is, I am learning to hate the sin... not the sinner. Thank you to those of you who have been praying for my family and my dad. I appreciate it so much, but I'd like you to join me in praying for Brandi as well, that she'll find security in God, and He'll work all things out for good.

No comments: