Thursday, January 15, 2009

Materialism got the best of me again :[

John's cousin is getting married on Valentine's Day and I was super excited to get a new dress! I figured it was perfectly justifiable because I never have a reason to buy dresses anymore (which is my FAVORITE thing to shop for). Plus, I could wear it to my dance banquet so I would get good use out of it. So, last weekend at the mall (when I was just going to hang out with the boys, "not to shop") I bought a dress. It's really cute and I got it on sale so I was proud of it. But.... now that I'm going through my closet to pack stuff to move back I have 2 dresses that would have been perfectly fine. I think they've both only been worn once themselves. And the one I got isn't even anything special compared to them and it has some pulls on it my mom noticed (gee, maybe that's why it was on sale...). They aren't really noticeable unless you're like holding it up looking for defects, but still. I shouldn't have been greedy. And of course I would realize this on a non-returnable sale item :[ I'm so used to getting new clothes whenever I want and new whatever whenever, but... things aren't the same anymore.



"Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. "
1 Peter 3:3-4

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh my goodness...i am so proud of you and i love you and i want to hug you right now!

this post rocks!

Lord, transform us into women who are concerned with our inward beauty and not our outward!