Saturday, April 18, 2009

Even if I have to drive through floods, I'm on the right path!

Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad, but it sure felt like it!
I woke up early this morning to drive to Rockdale to judge their high school dance team try-outs. It had just started to rain when I was leaving, so I was hoping the drive wouldn't be that bad. WRONG!!! First of all, I am extremely paranoid of driving in the rain. I have had 2 little fishtailing accidents and I am scarred for life. I panic when I'm riding with people and their cars do it (John has lost his arm circulation due to this fact many a time). So I was driving and it started raining... and then it started raining harder... and harder... and then I couldn't see. I am not kidding you, folks! I was so scared and just wanted to pull over, but couldn't even see next to me to tell if there was a guard rail or a ditch or anything. All I could see was the faint, white dotted line so I followed it veryyyyyyyyyy slowly. Finally it let up a little bit, but then I hit this town that was flooding. I could see the water splashing up on my windows as I drove through. Oh and P.S. one of my windshield wipers quit working. Thank God it was the one on the passenger side! And of course during the entire 60 mile drive my car is randomly swerving and sliding and I felt like I was going to throw up my heart. It was in my throat the whole time and I don't know how I got my hands ungripped from the wheel when I finally got there.
SO, needless to say I was not in the best of moods when I got to the try-outs. Well, my attitude did a 180 as soon as the first group started their auditions. I loved it! I don't know why really. I mean, it's not like I got to do anything particularly fun. And the team has a new director, so they're in a transition stage where they're going through a lot of re-building. I just LOVE dance team! I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I'm ready to be done with being on a team, but there's no way I'm ready to have that out of my life. That's what I know and what I love. I had this opportunity today (they even took my information so I can help them again next year), I'm teaching several classes at a studio this summer, and the company I work for is willing to let me teach camps this summer even though I can't attend the mandatory staff retreat. I just feel like everything is pointing me down this path and I absolutely could not be more excited :]

No comments: