Friday, September 26, 2008

There's always a catch...

So today we had band practice. There's a new band director and he's insisted on reading all of our introductions along with the band's at the football games. So he was reading them when we were practicing today and not knowing the sacred rituals of dance team, he announced "Treasure of the Week." For those of you who don't know, "Treasure of the Week" is someone who has stood out in practice and been noticed as working really hard. These usually aren't announced until the actual game, but the new band director apparently didn't know this and blew the secret. So, he goes "And Treasure of the Week is Erica Ingram from New Braunfels!" Yay me! :] I'm really excited because we only do these at football games. I never got it last year, and since we only have 4 games this year my chance of getting it was pretty slim. But I get to be the very first one :] I'm really happy because I have been working hard, but I'm just a little bit bummed that it's at our only away game, which also happens to be the only one my family won't be at to see me and be proud :[ I told my mom and she told me to ask Coach if they could switch me to next week. Yeah right. Oh well, I'm trying to suck that unfortunate part up and just focus on the happy part :]

No comments: