Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Will wonders never cease?

First of all, this is my second post today! I've barely been making it once a week!
Second, and most importantly, my cooking was a success! I made a scrumptious spinach and strawberry salad, and a delicious lemon and blueberry pie! My mom made salmon and baked potatoes, but I totally learned how. That'll be easy stuff :] I was kind of nervous because my mom invited my grandparents over for dinner and I wasn't sure I wanted that many critics for my first attempt. I felt so stupid because I didn't actually read ahead and I finished the pie like 30 minutes before they came not knowing it was supposed to chill for 2 hours... oh well! Luckily, everything turned out fine and they loved it! My grandma even asked me for my recipes :] Thanks for sending them to me Brandi! ♥

Brenham friends- I miss you all terribly!!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

I love all this blogging! And I'm glad your recipes came out! I'm sure they were delicious!

I'm so happy that you are having fun at your job. I'm envious of all the books you'll be around! :) And, being in San Marcos...man, I just might have come shopping at your store...and if I happen to trip into one or two others...:)

We miss you too! Church was great on Sunday, as always, but you guys were certainly missed. It's like some of the family is missing...it's not right! Hopefully we'll see you soon. And what! you have a practice?! Of course we would be gone :| Grrr!

Erica Dirba said...

I know, I have a 20% discount on books and I know I'm totally gonna blow all my paychecks :[ let me know if you have any reccomendations so I can at least make sure I'm spending it on something worthwhile :]

Yes, I have practice until 12 Saturday. I was planning on sticking around and going to church Sunday but I have to work all afternoon :[ I will definitely be up as again as soon as I can though!

Mommy, M.D. said...

congratulations on the mothers day dinner! i'm proud of you. i'll send you a few more to try.

we miss you! hurry back.