Monday, May 5, 2008

Lambs, and Ostriches, and Puppies, Oh My!

John came home with me this past weekend. I can't get over how much my family loves him. He's gotten approval from every family member he's met so far. That's such an amazing, wonderful change and I'm so happy to be blessed with someone so special in my life. After we got home Friday evening, we went to watch my sister's Spring Show at the high school. I don't miss high school and I don't miss my old team too much, but I really miss actually dancing. That was my life. It's so weird being on a team I don't feel a connection or serious commitment to. I don't enjoy practicing, or even other team activities. It's just another thing I have to do. I'm not entirely sure if I'll make it through next year...

After we got home from the show, John and I stayed up and watched home videos. We watched a lot of my dance competitions from high school, and then we watched some footage from when I was 2-3. I was SOOOOO precious! If I do say so myself... which I do :] Apparently, I was quite the performer as a child. It seemed like all the videos were of me singing! There's a clip of me singing "Jesus Loves Me" which is really adorable, but completely unrecognizable aside from the tune. My "Mary Had a Little Lamb" rendition sounded a little better, but still had some pronunciation errors ("It PAAAAAAAAAAAllowed her to tool one day!") It was so amusing :]

Saturday morning I got up and made pancakes for John (yes, I actually cooked something edible!), then we went to the Natural Bridge Caverns Wildlife Ranch. It was pretty fun until he coaxed an ostrich up to our car. He didn't believe I was scared, but I screamed when it tried sticking it's head in our window. He decided to share this apparently very humorous story with my mother when we got home and she told him my parents took me there once when I was a baby and we were in a Jeep so I got scarred by the ostriches way back then. That explains so much!

After our trek, we decided to swim. We were supposed to go to an Eli Young Band concert in a few hours though so I didn't want to get my hair wet and waste time having to wash it and fix it again. Unfortunately, my sister didn't get this memo and pushed me into the deep end. I was soooooo not her biggest fan at that moment. I dragged her out of the house and was trying to push her in but couldn't quite get her off the edge. Next thing I know, my mom came and pushed me from behind. So, I got my revenge of pushing my sister in, but I ended up being pushed in again too. Oh well, at least I pushed her in fully clothed. Heh. Then we went to the Eli Young Band concert, which turned out to be really awesome.


As of yesterday, I am 99% hired for this summer! :] I was discussing job options with my mom and John and had the bright idea to check out the Christian Gifts Outlet. My mom called and they said they were hiring, so John and I went right over. I filled out an application and talked to the lady in charge of personnel and she said she would be calling me because she is definitely interested! The only complication is I already have a lot of summer obligations teaching dance camps and such, so I have to wait and see if that's going to be too inconvenient for them.
*Funny side note- When I had finished talking to the lady and was about to leave she asked if John was my brother. You wouldn't believe how often we get that question!!! His dad said at least we know our kids will be good looking :] Haha.

This weekend I also discovered I am a psychic! Okay, so that's totally not true, but I do have a good story. When John and I were headed up to Sealy yesterday he said his mom had sounded like she was in a really good mood all day when he talked to her on the phone. I told him it was probably because they got a puppy, because that would definitely be a reason for me to sound happy! He said I was silly and we didn't think about it anymore. But lo and behold (yes, I did just say that), when we got to his house his dad had found not only 1 puppy, but 2! I'm such a good guesser :] They were dumped at a bridge which is really sad, but they're super cute and soft and now I get to play with them! Yay puppies!!! :]

1 comment:

Steph said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend. We missed seeing you. I'm really not sure how I am going to make it this summer!!! :(

See you soon. Oh, and good luck on the job possibility...sounds perfect!