Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dead puppies really ARE the saddest things!!!

A couple of nights ago, one of John's dogs finally had her puppies! I went over there yesterday and was so excited to go see them :] We were kind of in a rush to go get my haircut in Columbus, so while John was getting ready I snuck outside to play with the puppies. I went and peeked in the little dog house and there are a million of them!!! Not really... probably more like 10. But still, that's a lot of puppy love!

(Plus we're still waiting on this one to pop hers out!)


They're almost all black so they kind of blend together in a big squirmy blob. I was so excited and was trying to play with them all and count them and that's when I saw it... A DEAD PUPPY! It was soooo sad :[ Of course it was white, so you could see every little feature like it's poor, stiff self and sad, little, open mouth. It wouldn't have been that noticeable if it was one of the black ones. It would have just blended in and I could have pretended it was sleeping. But unfortunately it was very, very dead. The mama kept licking it and it wouldn't wake up and I was so sad :[ So, then, of course I cried and John made fun of me and told me it was just nature. But when we got home that night I ran and snuck my blankie in the dog house while he was in the bathroom :]

Obviously I don't have a picture of the whole litter because the little popsicle puppy would have been in the background, but I have a picture of one of the little darlings! Plus I have some pictures from the snow! :]





No comments: