Thursday, June 5, 2008

I don't know when I "grew up."

So I forgot to mention that when John was heading back home yesterday he stopped in to visit me at work for a little bit and bought a few books from the store. One of the books he bought was "101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged." I had actually put them out on the shelves the other day and mentioned it to him because it reminded me of some test Casey wants us to take if we seriously start thinking about it. But then I realized buying that book meant he was seriously thinking about it! Well, to an extent at least. It's kind of exciting because as unambitious (inambitious? ambitiousless?) as it sounds, all I really want to do with my life is have a family. I don't really have any crazy life plans or career dreams, I just want to get married and have cute babies and just have a simple, happy life. But it's weird to think that I'm actually entering the realm of possibility for all those things! I pulled another copy after he left and was flipping through it when there was a customer lull, and I don't even know what half the questions mean! I mean, what the heck is a pre-nup??? I think this growing up stuff is even more confusing thatn I thought....

3 comments:

Mommy, M.D. said...

oh girl, hang on tight. the roller coaster really starts at this point.

Steph said...

To have a family is a beautiful and noble ambition...nothing less.

I can't wait for you guys to get into that premarital stuff...if that is where the Lord is leading you. :) It's fun. It's hard and scary...but that's what makes it wonderful and meaningful.

Are you coming to town any time soon?

Erica Dirba said...

John's birthday is the 29th, so providing work cooperates I will be down that Friday through Monday :]